A California Slip and Fall Overview for Injured Accident Victims
Most people think of slip and fall accidents as “minor” and tend to dismiss these claims as being “trumped up” simply to get a settlement out of a defendant or insurance company. However, nothing could be further from the truth. California slip and fall lawyers see many cases every day in which “minor” slip and fall accidents have resulted in serious injury or even death.
Most slip and falls can be categorized in one of two ways. First, there are slips and falls that occur on relatively level ground. These can often be traced back to objects that cause stumbling or wet surfaces as a cause. People have been seriously injured, for example, in stores when an employee mopped a floor but neglected to put out “wet floor” signage. Level ground accidents almost always result in injuries such as broken bones, especially wrists and hands, and hip injuries in elderly victims. It is far from uncommon for a senior citizen to be minding her own business and find herself in the hospital, a victim of a slip and fall in a supposedly “safe” store or area.
Another type of slip and fall is the “step up” or “step down” accident in which the victim is attempting to negotiate the difference between two levels of surface area. One of the most common types of accidents involving step up or step down surfaces is a fall on stairs. Falling up or down stairs can have disastrous consequences up to and including death. Many people have broken their necks or backs resulting in death or permanent paralysis from a “simple” fall on the stairs. Often, stairway falls are due to unsafe conditions such as poor lighting, uneven steps, steep stairs, or objects left on stairs. These types of slip and falls are often far more serious than level-ground injuries.
Slip and fall attorneys handle all of these types of slip and fall cases and are experts at determining the causes of an accident. They also understand how to properly file a claim for damages against defendants. Often slip and fall accidents appear at first to have no person or company to hold liable; however, a California slip and fall attorney can identify the negligent party and successfully file your claim for damages.
Being the victim of a slip and fall accident may result in long-term medical bills, pain and suffering, loss of work productivity, and mental anguish. Your family may suffer financial as you are forced to stay out of work and recuperate. The doctor and hospital bills keep piling up, and you may be unsure how you will pay for needed physical therapy. It is time to talk to a California slip and fall lawyer about your accident and begin the process of collecting the rightful damages you are owed. A California slip and fall attorney can guide you through the process of identifying the right defendants, filing your claim, and collecting the money you should be paid for your accident.
From Our Clients
James Brown is the very best at his job, very kind and honest about the advice that was given to me. -Chandra H.
- What is the difference between a Missouri truck accident and a Missouri car accident? http://t.co/U33eFeBzbU 3 days ago
- Ask the Patch Pro: MoDOT Answers Your Questions On Friday http://t.co/m7taFtO5KQ 4 days ago
- Ask the Patch Pro: MoDOT Answers Your Questions On Friday http://t.co/0muLo3N2Jb 6 days ago
- Driver on Heroin Charged With Manslaughter Following Fatal Crash in St. Peters http://t.co/RgJXB38DiE 1 week ago
- Woman jumps off ATV moments before colliding with train in St. Charles County - http://t.co/xoOlZyZqYy 1 week ago
- Why Are There So Many Missouri Truck Accidents? ... 1 month ago
- William Gallagher Charged For Missouri Hit-and-Run Accident That Killed Virginia Bedrosian ... 1 month ago
- Police Try To Stop Distracted Driving on Highway K ... 1 month ago
- Amelia Fisher Killed In Tragic Missouri Trucking Accident ... 1 month ago
- Colin Morrow Deceased After Tragic Missouri Car Accident ... 1 month ago
- Highway 364 Icy Roads Are Causing Multiple Missouri Car Accidents ... 1 month ago